Risk and Opportunity is the new addition in ISO 9001:2015 standard. A new risk based thinking (RBT) concept is introduced in the standard which requires an organization to identify risks and opportunities so that QMS can achieve desired results, positive effects can be enhanced, Undesired effects can be prevented or reduced and Improvement can be achieved.
The better we manage risks, better prepared we are to face uncertainties in this dynamic world. Risk is effect of an uncertainty on an objective or expected result.
This module allows an organization to capture risk at context level covering internal issues, external issues, interested parties, their needs and expectations, risks inherent in various processes, services and products.
It provides a simplified platform to identify, categorize, evaluate, rate and address risks using likelihood of occurrence and impact as risk evaluation parameters.
While you focus on identification and treatment of risks, ISO 9001 standard also wants an organization to identify opportunities and resultant benefits it brings. This module also allows an organisation to work on opportunity identification and appropriate action plan.
Risk and opportunity module of MyEasyISO ensures you meet all these requirements in an effective, efficient and simple manner. Below steps demonstrate capabilities of this module and how you can comply with requirements with respect to risk and opportunity clause and RBT – Risk based thinking as a concept
An intelligent module level home page welcomes user to the module with all compliance options available in the module on left side menu. This home page shows quality objectives for the department, available / recently changed documents, real time graphical analysis on the basis of data / information captured in the system, alerts for pending tasks, quick links for common / regular tasks etc. Module level help is also given at appropriate places.
1. Define the risk and opportunity type whether it is captured from context, process and products/ services
2. Define the activity/ source from where risk/opportunity may occur.
3. Select from the pre-defined list of categories under which this risk falls.
4. Describe the risk in detailed manner.
5. Define impact and probability of occurrence.
6. Define how you are going to treat the risk from predefined list of treatments.
7. Define the suitable action to treat the risk.
8. Identify opportunity and describe how you are going to capitalize on the it by documenting the action plan.
9. Regularly review risks and opportunities.
10. Procedures and forms related risk and opportunity can be captured in documented information module.
Comprehensive capabilities of this module enables all the requirements from Risk and opportunity clause and intent of RBT – Risk based Thinking to be addressed in a quick and simplified manner while ensuring 100% compliance to ISO 9001:2015 standard. Contact us at info at myeasyiso.com for further information or visit www.myeasyiso.com to subscribe to our award winning and one of its kind of ISO 9001 compliance software.